Top Ten Things about Me:
1. There’s a story behind the paper airplane logo. I started teaching a long time ago in regular classrooms- mostly third grade. Then a few years ago I had the opportunity to switch to the STEM Lab! Bam! Dream job!
Since this was new to our students I absolutely wanted their first STEM experiences to be a “Hook” for them! So, our very first project was all about paper airplanes. The airplane package I now have in my TPT store was one of my very first products for sale! Awesome!
2. I have three children.
Two are human.
One has fur.
All our fur babies are always rescues from the local animal shelter.
My human babies are 28 and 31- and almost as precious as their fur sibling.
3. I don’t often step outside my box- tending to be rather OCD.
But when I do……
|At least I got the cute pink jumpsuit….|
|And then leaped out of that little plane! It was actually fun!|
4. I read…..a lot! And I keep a list of all the books I read.
That seems weird, but I don’t always remember books and if one begins to sound familiar, then I can check my list.
Best adult book ever:
Best kid’s book ever:
5. I collect: books, golf thingies (like divot fixers, tees, and balls), bookmarks, shoes, and totally random things like tickets from concerts or ballgames.
6. I taught myself to knit and crochet.
7. I read directions. I mean, really, before you put together a porch swing that has 127 separate parts and 256 screws, don’t you read the directions?
8. I have never missed an episode of Survivor– except for the week of April 27, 2011. That was the week that a tornado wiped out the electricity for most of North Alabama and we were in the dark for five days.
However, I could never be a contestant on the show, because I don’t get dirty (OCD, remember).
9. I eat sandwiches from the square ends first.
10. I started making products for TpT after Alabama’s Teacher of the Year told me I should. Boy, was she right!
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please use the contact form. You can locate this by using the Navigation Bar at the top of the page.
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. Links to Amazon.com are provided and may result in compensation. In the event you click on an affiliate link, you will not be charged extra for products. Compensation simply means very small amounts and this is used to help keep my blog running.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics, or posts made in this blog.
NOTE: I feature a monthly Book Review post and only recommend a book I have read or listened to. These are always purely my opinion and meant to help you make decisions. I tell the truth about books and you must also know that I may love the books that you do not and vice versa. Books are always linked to Amazon for your convenience and those links are using my Affiliate Association with Amazon.com.
NOTE: If you click on photos that I have taken you might be directed to my Teachers Pay Teachers store. And, yes, I am compensated for that, but ONLY if you purchase something. And I hope you do! STEM Rocks!