This project has so many steps!
- Students must build the canopy of the parachute.
- The length of the strings relative to the size of the canopy is a concern.
- Attaching the strings is a big deal!
- Students must design a carrier to safely transport the egg to the ground.
- Then we drop the egg from a 20-foot ladder!
We used a unique material for some of our canopies. I was given some very large coffee filters with a STEM kit (and training session). These have a 14 or 18-inch diameter. Students could choose the size they wanted.