Easy steps are the best! I go over the rules of this task with students and make sure they know they have four areas to make decisions about.
- The supports at each end of the hammock are important.
- The hammock bed must have a shape that works with the supports.
- The hammock must be held aloft.
- Decorate it!
It is so fun to watch students make these decisions and then take on the various jobs that apply to each. (It’s my favorite part of STEM!)
The Support System
The Hammock Bed
Time to Hang the Hammock
Start saving fabric scraps so you can try this fabulous challenge. It is available in My Resource Shop and at Teachers Pay Teachers. (Links are at the end)
- Everything You Need to Know about Cardboard in STEM
- Hammocks at My Resource Shop
- Hammocks at Teachers Pay Teachers