Let’s Break This Down into Some Easy Steps
- Teamwork is such a big part of STEM.
- Teach the Engineering Design Process.
- Learn your classroom rules.
- We need some easy challenges.
- Maybe it’s time to try an Escape Room.
- Are you ready for a sub?
- How-To Tips for Successful Teamwork
- Paper Chains – (super easy challenge for encouraging teamwork)
- Platform Towers – (Post about the towers with rotations of groups)
ENGINEERING DESIGN PROCESS
My favorite way to do this is to talk about each step and why we do it. We also talk about some of the parts of each step and what we might be doing as we complete a challenge.
And because I know third graders love new markers and crayons we make a Little Flipper booklet about the EDP and STEM!
- Try some teambuilding activities. This is perfect for STEM, but it’s something a regular classroom will benefit from, too!
- Rules and procedures- teach and practice. Use a booklet to teach the Engineering Design Process and use the Free Rules Challenge to introduce your rules and STEM.
- Try an easy STEM challenge to keep building on teamwork and your procedures.
- Dive right into an engaging Escape Room!
- HAVE FUN!