Do you like to create bulletin boards? I don’t know…
You are a teacher. You get it. You have these big old boards to decorate. What do you do? This is my third round of bulletin board posts. Some have been easy to make and some not so much!
But they have turned out great!
So, I saw a great pin on Pinterest (the perfect place to find bulletin board ideas)!
It had an octopus made from paper chains.
Well, that seemed easy enough.
So, I started making chains…..
I covered the board with black paper (mostly because that was one of the few colors available). The board border is just a mix of colors, but it is what I had!
I placed the center of the eight legs at the top corner and then just stapled them in place across the board and the wall.
Now, for what the board is going to show—-
hmmmm, why not something about Hands-on Science!
Here’s the end result:
Okay, that took care of a hallway board.
But, I have another board in one of our main halls to decorate.
This one was fun to make!
I actually used a large garbage bag for the diver and traced around a student to make the shape. The little boy loved it!
I just had him lay down on an opened garbage bag and I traced around him and then cut it out. The little face is just an oval with a mask over it. All the seaweed has dates of upcoming school wide events. This was in the hallway in the last two months of the year and it was sort of a countdown board.
So, now I need to create another square board.
I saw a pin with a very colorful board. The colors were all different shapes of paper in many, many shades of colors. I loved the look and thought it would be fairly easy to just cut the paper and arrange it.
So, I gathered construction paper and cardstock, arranged it by color family, and used my paper cutter to make smaller rectangles.
Next, I needed to arrange these in a large square- actually it is 45 inches square.
Well, I really didn’t want to just start stapling it on the board. I thought the staples showing all over the board would look awful. So, I made the shape on my floor and started laying paper on it.
My original plan was to make the pieces line up perfectly, but it only took about 15 minutes to stop doing that. When I got this much laying the way I wanted it I made tape roly-polies and stuck the papers together. Then I just kept going with more colors and putting roly-polies under the overlaps to hold it together.
Well, that took a good hour. And then I tried to pick it up. It wanted to come apart in places and I ended up flipping it over and taping along the lines to hold it together.
This was a step I had not planned to do, but I could not carry it down the hall unless it was secure. Then I added the words, and here’s the final board.
Overall, I love it, but it took a long time! Easy directions, but time-consuming! We left it hanging in the hallway for a long time! Hope you found some great ideas right here!